Saturday, November 12, 2011

My daughter, the Goodwill ambassador.

My daughter loves a bargain, always has.  Me, yeah I like a good deal or a sale.  My daughter, however; takes bargain hunting to a whole 'nother level.  You see, she loves to shop.  And where, you ask, does she shop?  GOODWILL, people.  Seriously.  I mean, it's not like she actually needs to shop there, but she loves to have someone else's stuff, apparently.  Not only that, but she also likes to point out how much money she's saving me by shopping there.  Yep, she's becoming a bag lady at the ripe old age of 24.  To make matters worse, last winter someone actually parked a shopping cart outside her front door.  Really.  I think someone was trying to tell her something.  That, or they just figured out where the 24 year old Goodwill bag lady lives. 
She actually called me the other day and was positively JUBILANT because she found a Winnie the Pooh something or other.  For like $3.00.  One of her friends, who's 30 something and ALSO in professional school, collects Winnie the Pooh stuff.  Yep, so she scratches off the Winnie the Pooh friend off her Christmas list, because she has the awesomest gift in the world for her now.  All thanks to her fave one stop shopping destination, GOODWILL! 
Seriously, for Christmas I'm thinking that Goodwill gift certificates are in order.  Wait, can you even GET gift certificates from Goodwill?  Hmmmmm, guess it's time to go by and see.  Gee, won't she be thrilled and excited that I figured out just what to get her this year!  If not, she can just use them to get the other "special" people in her life some really fabulous, though slightly used, second hand merchandise!

No comments:

Post a Comment